After two years of adapting holiday celebrations around pandemic restrictions, the Rescue Mission is eager to welcome back volunteers to assist with Thanksgiving and Christmas festivities. There are daily volunteer opportunities for all ages both on and offsite.
Specific holiday volunteer opportunities include:
- Nov. 9: Rescue Mission Pie Bake (all ages, under 18 accompanied by an adult)
- Thanksgiving Day (Nov. 24): Meal servers, meal delivery drivers (individuals/families)
- Dec. 7: Rescue Mission Cookie Bake (all ages, under 18 accompanied by an adult)
- Christmas Day (Dec. 25): Meal servers, meal delivery drivers (individuals/families)
- Holiday Gift Sponsors: Purchase a gift(s) from a Rescue Mission client’s wish list
- Holiday Meal Bag Decorators: All ages (schools and youth groups)
- Host a Needs Drive: Winter apparel (hats, gloves, coats) and personal hygiene items are needed
- Food Donations for Thanksgiving/Christmas Dinner: Fresh/frozen turkey and ham, store-bought pies, coffee, No. 10-sized canned food. (Drop off food at 148 Gifford St. during regular business hours)
Year-Round Volunteer Opportunities:
- Serve a Meal: Daily — breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Community Clothing Center: Noon to 5 p.m. Monday, Wednesday and Friday
- Thrifty Shopper Store Assistance: Days/times vary by location
Interested volunteers can sign up by calling the Rescue Mission Holiday Line at (315) 701-3898 or visiting here.